Parent Focus Groups
Next Meeting…Thursday 21st September 2023 at 9am
Do come along if you can, even if you only have 10 minutes to spare, and chat with Mrs Davies about school life over a cup of coffee! You will be made very welcome. This is an opportunity for you to tell us how we can make school a better place for your child and for you as a family. We will also arrange an evening meeting soon for those of you who can’t make a daytime meeting.
Our Parents Focus Group meets half termly for an informal discussion about school issues. Anyone can attend and meet with Mrs Davies to talk about what is going well in school and how we can improve. The group changes all the time and over the years we have brought about improvements and changes to how the school is run on a day to day basis. Since starting in 2011 parents have instigated the following;
- Safety markings around school entrance
- Regular spelling homework
- A crèche for parents evenings
- Transition meetings for Parents of Year 2 pupils
- Attendance of parents in Maths lesson to learn about methods being used
- Improved lighting around the gym
- Parent and Toddler Group
- Availability of drinking water – water fountains
- Daily choice of school dinner or packed lunch
- Weekly newsletter for parents
- Introduction of a Car Park Warden
- and lots more……!